Re: canvas API changes to drive magnification

Hi Rich,
>Are you thinking that the browser uses the area map coordinates to draw the
rectangle on the canvas?

I would expect that image maps work the same way as on images; the focus
outline (dotted line) is displayed when an area receives focus.

I admit it is unclear to me for reading the current spec,

>4. If the user has requested the use of particular focus rings (e.g.
high-contrast focus rings), or if the canDrawCustom argument is absent or
false, then draw a >focus ring of the appropriate style along the path,
following platform conventions, return false, and abort these steps.
source: http://www.w3.org/TR/2dcontext/#dom-context-2d-drawfocusring

but step 4 appears to indicate that a focus ring is drawn by the browser
rather than the author unless '*canDrawCustom' is true.*
**
*regards*
*stevef*

--