Re: canvas API changes to drive magnification

Hi Rich, all,

I just read the proposal at
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/wiki/ChangeProposals/canvasaccessibility

I don't feel like I fully understand the proposal. Take the case for
canvas drawn text. Each time the user presses the right arrow, does the
author catch that event and call e.g. drawFocusRing(myTextBox, 10, 5,
true, true)?

I want to understand who is responsible for drawing the caret or focus
ring in various examples.

http://www.paciellogroup.com/blog/misc/canvas/2dcontext-caret.html is
really hard to understand (maybe because of typos). For example I don't
understand how to parse this sentence: " If the given element is focused
or is a descendant of the focus element, and isCaret is true,
canDrawCustom argument is true draws a caret following the platform
conventions for carets." -- Who draws?

cheers,
David