Re: Please vote on the canvas accessibility proposal

trimmed CC list

Hi Sylvia,

if the content of the canvas sub tree is exposed to AT and focusable
elements are included in the tab order, by default, then regardless of what
browser an AT user has they will get get this content. Regardless of what
relationship any interactive content has to the canvas content, keyboard
only users will be able to tab into and interact with focusable elements.

So for example if I am a keyboard only user and encounter  a canvas element
that includes a link or 2 links or many that are not associated with the
displayed canvas, because they are "fallback" then focus will be lost to the
users,  end result= confusion

or  I am an AT user accessing the page *using* Firefox, I encounter the
message "your browser does not support canvas get Firefox" end
result=confusion.

regards
stevef

--