Re: Canvas shadow DOM question for interactive HTML5 elements

Hi Rich,

I'm encouraging discussion on our Mozilla bug for this, but in the
meantime I can say that no show-stoppers jump out at me. Am I correct
that we are for now just discussing the feasibility of this approach,
and not the merits? I'm not saying this approach isn't the best, but I
just want to clarify the current goal here.

Aside: has this been mocked up yet? Perhaps with a div container that
follows the canvas application, where the div subtree is displaced
offscreen (via the -9999, -9999 hackery). It seems to me that we can
test a lot of how this would work, without having to put the non-visual
DOM underneath the canvas element.  I seem to recall someone having an
action item on this.

cheers,
David