Re: Chrome plugin to access Firefox sync

To get things started, I've created a BrowserSyncCG organization on Github,
and added a very simple stub extension repo:
https://github.com/BrowserSyncCG/chrome-fx-sync

If you'd like to be part of the organization, just let me know your Github
username.

Thanks,
Ryan

On Tue, Jun 3, 2014 at 2:42 PM, Ryan Freebern <rfreebern@unionstmedia.com>
wrote:

> I've been doing various kinds of outreach, but it seems like our group
> isn't going to grow without something shiny to show off. Since Firefox sync
> is already open-source and there are various people working on making it
> more understandable and easy to use, I think building a Chrome plugin to
> allow users to access their Firefox sync data might be a good start. It
> doesn't have to be fancy, and from a brief look at the Chrome developer
> docs I don't think it can replace Chrome's built-in sync, but even if it's
> just something simple it would be something that would show the potential
> of open sync.
>
> For the first version, a button that displays a panel that first lets you
> authenticate with your Fx account and afterwards lists your open tabs in
> your Firefox instances would be achievable. We can use code from
> https://github.com/edmoz/fxa-sync-client and
> https://github.com/zaach/node-fx-sync to get started. To simplify things,
> let's only target Fx sync 1.5 users.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Ryan

*Ryan Freebern* / Platform Development Lead
802.865.3332

*Get Found. Sell More Homes.*
Free Online Trainings Now Available
<http://www.unionstreetmedia.com/training/>