Re: Introduction of WebI2C and WebGPIO

Hi,

The typical usecase of it is based on the concept of "Pervasive Browser".
This slide page *1 and the 1:23-2:50 of this movie *2 shows that concept.
It is a way of thinking that Web Browser is implemented on various things.
*1:http://goo.gl/HuXK9O
*2:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yG-B_IJivVs

We are also valuing the point that the simplicity such as the development
of various physical apps is possible for a single computor and development
scheme is friendly for beginners. Since we are taking into consideration
the spread of the Web technologies to DIY and Makers movement.

These backgrounds are also expressed on the following slides.

Fxos for Embedded Systems (English version)
http://www.slideshare.net/honmamasashi1/fxos-for-embedded-systems-english-version

20150317 firefox os_studymtg_engver
http://www.slideshare.net/naokisekiguchi75/20150317-firefox-osstudymtgengver

About a realizability;
The touchscreen and graphical user interface are offered with a device like
a wrist watch today. Therefore, technically, we could imagine easily that
full web browsers can be implemented in manythings in near future.

We experienced it in the evolution from feature phone to smartphone.

Windows 10 for IoT is implemented in raspberry pi 2 (not raspberry pi), and
its graphical user interface framework is also offered.

Moreover, we are also proving that the board computer of a sub raspberry pi
class suitable for a execute of a web browser can be realized in respect of
price, size, and power consumption in a MozOpenHard project. The
implementation of a full browser may be achieved even by computor of an
arduino class in the near future.

Regards,

Satoru

> Thanks for clearly reflecting my opinion, Michael.
> Sorry for causing misunderstanding because of my bad english, everyone.
>
> I2C and GPIO APIs are for embedded devices such as CHIRIMEN, RPi, etc.
> I think that proposing these APIs is not a kind of things to be denied in the context of WoT.
> These APIs are just interfaces which are kicked by JavaScript locally in a device.
>
> Cheers,
> Futomi
>
> --
> Newphoria Corporation
> Chief Technology Officer
> Futomi Hatano
> --
> futomi.hatano@newphoria.co.jp
> http://www.newphoria.co.jp/
>

> On Wed, 14 Oct 2015 18:33:24 -0700
> Michael Koster <michaeljohnkoster@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I think I understand this, but I don’t understand where WoT fits in.
> >
> > As far as I can tell, it’s about embedded programming. The CHIRMEN board doesn’t seem to
have a network connection or a display connection.

> > It’s an embedded linux computer with GPIOs that runs a browser environment as an embedded
programming environment. A developer writes html with embedded javascript and local GPIO and I2C
 javascript libraries in order to program hardware sensors and actuators which are directly
connected to the board’s I/O pins.

> > So basically a developer can pretend they're programming in a browser using HTML and
javascript and tags and stuff when programming an embedded linux based controller. I guess you
write the code using your favorite web design tool and then download it to the board, where it
executes and blinks the LED.