RE: [EXTERNAL] Re: Interested in writing up an initial design for bidirectional WebDriver protocol

-----Original Message-----
From: James Graham <james@hoppipolla.co.uk>
Sent: Wednesday, March 11, 2020 1:57 PM
To: Simon Stewart <simon_stewart@apple.com>
Cc: John Jansen <John.Jansen@microsoft.com>; Brandon Walderman <brwalder@microsoft.com>; public-browser-tools-testing@w3.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: Interested in writing up an initial design for bidirectional WebDriver protocol

On 11/03/2020 20:47, Simon Stewart wrote:

>> On 11 Mar 2020, at 19:59, James Graham <james@hoppipolla.co.uk> wrote:
>>
>> On 11/03/2020 18:38, Simon Stewart wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I finally had a chance to sit down and read things! Some combined feedback:
>>>

>> We've also got some feedback on this proposal, but first a meta issue: there seems to be some issues on the GitHub repo, various mail threads, and overall it's unclear where to give feedback in such a way that it's going to be visible to all the right people and where it's possible to track discussions and resolutions.
>>
>> I think the right thing to do would be to have the document in its own github repo e.g. under w3c (I'm less bothered about the org part since we can change that later). That would provide a unified venue for further feedback and discussion. Is that something we can arrange before we get more responses fragmented across multiple media?
>
> In principle, I’m in favour of working on this in GitHub. I feel like it would be appropriate to do this somewhere under the webdriver directory, since it’s an extension of that spec. Perhaps a folder?

I'm also happy with that, if people aren't concerned about mixing feedback on the existing spec with feedback on this, the two of which might have different volumes and be at different levels of detail.

I'm also happy with moving this to the webdriver repo under a directory. I can remove the original document from MSEdgeExplainers and have it redirect to the new home. As for mixing feedback from the existing spec and this, I'm personally not too concerned. We could always tag the feedback meant for the bidi document.