Re: Implicit Wait

Sent from my iPhone

> On Oct 18, 2016, at 08:09, Andreas Tolfsen <ato@mozilla.com> wrote:
>
> David Burns <dburns@mozilla.com> writes:
>
>> Implicit Waits are only designed to work with find elements.
>
> Selenium also does implicit wait polls when clicking, sending keys to,
> and getting the text of elements.

I hate to contradict you, Andreas, but at least some parts of Selenium only apply implicit waits to finding elements. This is especially true of the IE WebDriver implementation. I can't speak for other Selenium-compatible implementations like the legacy Firefox driver or the Chrome implementation. But a blanket statement that Selenium uses implicit waits on anything other than findElement(s) is inaccurate.