Notion of "Web site" in the Guidelines

From: Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 17:56:51 +0100
To: Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group WG <public-bpwg@w3.org>
Hi again,

I forgot to include this comment in my previous mail.
The notion of "Web site" [1] that is used in the guidelines cannot be
precise and I'm not suggesting we re-open the discussion there, but we
could perhaps clarify that it is to be viewed as a subset of an origin
server, i.e. that two distinct origin servers entail two distinct Web
sites. The current text explains the rationale (the same origin server
may host a number of "Web sites") but still leaves the freedom to
interpret different origin servers as the same "Web site".

I can think of one case where this could be problematic:
http://example.org and http://www.example.org are different origin but
by "convention" the same Web site. Am I missing something obvious?

Francois.

[1]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/CT/editors-drafts/Guidelines/100125#sec-altering-header-values