Re: CT: URI patterns

Hi Chaals

We considered other URI patters and they were dropped as part of the
normative/non-normative heuristic discussions under ISSUE-288 and
resolved in March [1].

[1] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2009Mar/0174.html

Of course any resolution is open to being torn up and contradicted by a
subsequent resolution, but before doing so I would appreciate detailed
commentary as to why that is necessary given the depth of previous
discussion on the topic.

FWIW as a passionate fan of URI Patterns for Grouping of resources I'd
be happy to use that reference but for a list of 1 pattern it may be a
bit excessive.

Jo

On Mon, 28 Sep 2009 10:07:59 +0200, Phil Archer <phila@w3.org> wrote:

 > If you'll forgive me crossing my boundaries here...
 >
 > Appendix E assumes that everyone understands what *.mobi means. I agree
 > with Charles that other patterns are, de facto, associated with mobile.
 >
 > Without wishing to add to the burden, one could make this idea a little
 > more extensible and less arbitrary with reference to [1]. [...]
 >
 > Something like 'following the method for defining URI patterns as given
 > in POWDER Grouping of Resources, we note the following patterns...'

 > [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/REC-powder-grouping-20090901/#wild

Yes, providing a pointer that explains what the syntax means (or even
copying it) would be a good idea.

cheers

Chaals