MWABP question: Is it possible to do some primary research into some of these BPs ?

Apologies for late response Eduardo...

> I agree with the general feeling that the MWABP document should make it
> clear

what kind of environment it assumes (device capabilities, network, perhaps
> even

users -- with, without disabilities for instance).

I think this is a crucial point. I agree this is an issue and if we can
resolve this question in the F2F next week the document will start to become
much more self-consistent.

Regarding your other points... I think what this document seriously lacks is
primary research... Many of the BPs mentioned are a summary of practical
experiences (what we are actually doing internally at Google right now) but
this isn't backed up by structured research across a range of platforms to
ensure it really qualifies as a best-practice.

I can only talk from personal experience, but I'd love for some of these
techniques to be validated / contradicted by some more structured study.

@dan -- Apologies that I can't make this afternoon's meeting but can you
maybe raise the question of whether we could find some bandwidth in the
group to do some concrete research into some of the proposed BPs... I'm
happy to take an action to put together a proposal for what we might want to
look at so long as we can find a willing volunteer to conduct some
research... I know it feels quite late in the day to start such a thing, but
without it I wonder at how much real value this document is providing.