Re: Comments on Addendum to Mobile Web Best Practices

Francois Daoust wrote:
> 3.9 Clarity
> -----
> Add a reference to a definition of the Fogg test?
I don't think that it applies in the same way to languages other than
English. Or at best, each language has it's own algorithms. In other
languages they are not much known or used (in Spanish for example).
there's a summary of the subject by Gez Lemon [1]. I'm sure we've been
through this before, but I can't find anything in the archives.

WCAG 2.0 has "3.1.5 Reading Level" but it is level AAA, I think because
it is not testable. The "understanding" page [2] is worth a look, if
only to see how long-winded and complicated it is.

[1] http://juicystudio.com/services/readability.php
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/UNDERSTANDING-WCAG20/meaning-supplements.html

--
Alan Chuter
Departamento de Usabilidad y Accesibilidad