Re: ACTION-928: progress registration of the X-Device-*

One reply - which doesn't appear in the archives of the IETF
mailing-list as of now but should appear in a short amount of time as a
reply to my original email I suppose - suggests that we provisionally
register both the X-Device-foo *and* the Device-foo header fields.

The reply goes on to suggest that we then transition away from the
X-Device-foo on our way to REC which is not what the working group wants
from previous discussions on the topic. That said, if the X-Device-foo
header field is provisionally registered, I doubt the Device-foo header
field would be available for registration by anyone else anyway.

How about we provisionally register both the header fields with and
without the "X-" prefix?

I support the idea (as much as I support the registration of the
X-Device-foo header fields in general, that is), and do not object
sticking to the X-Device- format only.

Dan, Jo, could you add the question to next Tuesday's agenda for resolution?

Francois.