Re: ACTION-893: Start putting together a set of guidelines that could help address the security issues triggered by links rewriting.

On 20 Jan 2009, at 22:54, Luca Passani wrote:

> wrt Whitelist, this is a problem for transcoder vendors to solve.
> They may decide to create a common sire where companies can
> authorize all transcoders to break their HTTPS logins in one fell
> swoop.

Is there nothing we can do about this, particularly if it's in the
interest of content providers?

> Anyway, the fact that one content provider approves that one
> transcoder breaks HTTPS on its site, does not mean that the same
> content provider is OK with all transcoders breaking HTTPS on its
> site.

I completely agree; in fact I think I pointed that out :) But it does
mean that such cases exist.

--
Future Platforms Ltd
e: Tom.Hume@futureplatforms.com