Re: ACTION-893: Start putting together a set of guidelines that could help address the security issues triggered by links rewriting.

On 20 Jan 2009, at 13:21, Luca Passani wrote:

> it scales. Don't listen to Opera. I have been involved with similar
> projects in the past. The top 50 to 100 sites will cover over 50% of
> the traffic. Of course, whitelisting has extra cost for transcoders.
> But this is only fair.

How would it work from a content providers perspective? Would they
need to register their service individually, or would some sort of
aggregated whitelist make sense? I've wondered about such things
before [1]...

If this is a worthwhile effort, then whether or not it sits within a
W3C document, perhaps it's worth pursuing? Is there room for an
analogous project to WURFL and GURFL to document such things?

Tom

[1] http://www.tomhume.org/2008/03/mobile-transcod.html

--
Future Platforms Ltd