W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-bpwg@w3.org > January 2009

[minutes] Thursday 8 January 2009

From: Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 08 Jan 2009 17:24:11 +0100
Message-ID: <496628AB.8030804@w3.org>
To: Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group WG <public-bpwg@w3.org>

Hi,

The minutes of today's meeting are available at:
  http://www.w3.org/2009/01/08-bpwg-minutes.html

... and pasted as text below.

In short, we resolved to merge the Content Tranformation task force back 
to the main body of the working group and to hold only one weekly call, 
on Tuesdays, starting at 2:30PM UTC. See my previous email on the member 
list:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-bpwg/2009Jan/0010.html

We also reviewed issues and actions, and investigated the idea to hold 
next F2F 18-20 March 2009 in Boston or London. I am to prepare a poll on 
this, and will send another email later on.

Francois.


08 Jan 2009

    See also: [2]IRC log

       [2] http://www.w3.org/2009/01/08-bpwg-irc

Attendees

    Present
           adam, jo, Francois, DKA, dom, achuter, SeanP, miguel

    Regrets
           DavidStorey, rob, BruceLawson, VicquiChan, SangwhanMoon,
           Bryan, Abel, nacho, Kai, yeliz

    Chair
           DKA

    Scribe
           Adam

Contents

      * [3]Topics
          1. [4]Errata
          2. [5]MWABP Status Update
          3. [6]CT Status (and merging calls)
          4. [7]Open Actions
          5. [8]F2F meetings
      * [9]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

Errata

    francois: Can we take a resolution to edit the MWBP errata, please?

    francois: Just need groups approval to add these comments to the
    errata page.

    <dom> [10]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-comments/

      [10] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-comments/

    <francois> [11]First erratum

      [11] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-comments/2009JanMar/0001.html

    <francois> [12]Second erratum

      [12] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-comments/2009JanMar/0002.html

    <dom> trackbot, filter any resignation from jo

    <trackbot> Sorry, dom, I don't understand 'trackbot, filter any
    resignation from jo'. Please refer to
    [13]http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help

      [13] http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc

    jo: will you acknowledge the comments when you update?

    francois: yes.

    dka: don't think we need a resolution, just go ahead.

    <DKA> No objections noted.

MWABP Status Update

    <francois> [14]Last published draft of MWABP

      [14] http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/WD-mwabp-20081222/

    dka: Got new draft out before the end of the year. Should lead to
    additional interest.
    ... Further updates? Feedback ?

    <jo> [15]Jo's Comments on MWABP

      [15] 
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/Drafts/BestPractices-2.0/ED-mobile-bp2-20090101

    adam: I've received comments from Jo, but nothing else. Will fold in
    Jo's comments and wait for further comments (external or otherwise)
    before proceeding.

    jo: Comments are in the form of an updated draft. (Link inlined).

CT Status (and merging calls)

    dka: Should we remerge CT task-force back into general BP work ?

    <jo> [fewer rather than less Dan]

    dka: I think this is a good thing: fewer calls, increased focus now
    we are in final stretch.
    ... Both documents need to be finished up by end of June, btw.

    <francois> [16]Questionnaire's results on merged call

      [16] http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/37584/BPWG-mergingcalls/results

    jo: CT doc awaits update from Jo, but it's coming really soon.
    ... Key issues... question of HTTPS; wording around treating content
    apparently created for mobile.

    francois: Agree that merging calls would help drive these issues to
    conclusion in the larger group.

    jo: Yes, right time to merge calls and get group consensus.
    ... On the subject of attendance, CT call tends to be well attended.

    dka: Not proposing that we demote CT task-force to not being a
    task-force... Just suggesting that we combine calls.

    francois: Not really sure there's a difference.
    ... Should also move back to general mailing list to ensure everyone
    engages with discussion.

    <DKA> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: We will merge the CT taskforce back into
    the main BP group; we will further merge the calls as well. The BP
    call will now take place in the Tuesday slot previously allocated to
    CT and we will cease the thursday calls.

    dka: Proposal is also to move the main call to Tuesday (CT slot).

    jo: Has a conflict and can only make 1hr in that slot.

    dka: Suggest moving the Tuesday call 1hr earlier.

    <dom> so the proposal is Tuesday 2pm UTC, right?

    <DKA> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: We will merge the CT taskforce back into
    the main BP group; we will further merge the calls as well. The BP
    call will now take place in the Tuesday slot previously allocated to
    CT and we will cease the thursday calls. We will further move that
    CT slot an hour earlier on Tuesday at 14:00 UK.

    dka: Bryan might be adversely affected though. Because this will be
    early in the day for him.

    francois: Could we just move call to 2:30 instead ?

    <dom> no problem to start at 1/2h

    <DKA> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: We will merge the CT taskforce back into
    the main BP group; we will further merge the calls as well. The BP
    call will now take place in the Tuesday slot previously allocated to
    CT and we will cease the thursday calls. We will further move that
    CT slot a half-hour earlier on Tuesdays at 14:30 UK.

    <francois> +1

    <DKA> +1

    <achuter> +1

    <SeanP> +1

    <jo> +1

    +1

    <DKA> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: We will merge the CT taskforce back into
    the main BP group; we will further merge the calls as well. The BP
    call will now take place in the Tuesday slot previously allocated to
    CT and we will cease the thursday calls. We will further move that
    CT slot a half-hour earlier on Tuesdays at 14:30 UK. To be
    implemented pending feedback from Bryan.

    <dom> I'm a bit concerned about changing the schedules without
    asking more people...

    dka: To be implemented pending feedback from Bryan.

    <DKA> RESOLUTION: We will merge the CT taskforce back into the main
    BP group; we will further merge the calls as well. The BP call will
    now take place in the Tuesday slot previously allocated to CT and we
    will cease the thursday calls. We will further move that CT slot a
    half-hour earlier on Tuesdays at 14:30 UK. To be implemented next
    week as a trial pending feedback from members not on the call.

    <dom> +1

    <jo> +1 post facto

    RESOLUTION: We will merge the CT taskforce back into the main BP
    group; we will further merge the calls as well. The BP call will now
    take place in the Tuesday slot previously allocated to CT and we
    will cease the thursday calls. We will further move that CT slot a
    half-hour earlier on Tuesdays at 14:30 UK. To be implemented next
    week as a trial pending feedback from members not on the call.

    <DKA> Note: the call time is the only thing pending feedback.
    Everything else needs to be actioned.

    <jo> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Big thanks to Francois for his extremely
    capable Leadership of CT Task Force

    <dom> +1

    <DKA> +1

    <SeanP> +1

    RESOLUTION: Big thanks to Francois for his extremely capable
    Leadership of CT Task Force

Open Actions

    <dom> ACTION-882?

    <trackbot> ACTION-882 -- Daniel Appelquist to encourage people to
    answer the poll. -- due 2008-11-20 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [17]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/882

      [17] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/882

    <dom> close ACTION-882

    <trackbot> ACTION-882 Encourage people to answer the poll. closed

    <dom> close ACTION-888

    <trackbot> ACTION-888 Be lucky :-) closed

    <francois> ACTION-890?

    <trackbot> ACTION-890 -- Eduardo Casais to provide a short
    definition of "pagination". -- due 2008-12-09 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/890

      [18] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/890

    <dom> close ACTION-890

    <trackbot> ACTION-890 Provide a short definition of "pagination".
    closed

    <dom> close ACTION-874

    <trackbot> ACTION-874 Refine the wording on graceful degradation
    trimming and making more explicit the text closed

    <dom> I think this refers to
    [19]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Sep/att-0007
    /00-part

      [19] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Sep/att-0007/00-part

    <dom> ACTION-855: Bryan's contribution being
    [20]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Sep/att-0007
    /00-part

      [20] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Sep/att-0007/00-part

    <trackbot> ACTION-855 Add an appendix on device info based on
    Bryan's contribution with a placeholder for additional device
    capabilities that are implied by the BP2 BPs. notes added

    <dom>
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/pendingrevie
    w

      [21] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/pendingreview

    <dom> ACTION-786?

    <trackbot> ACTION-786 -- Jo Rabin to draft wording for an appendix
    that identifies the aggregators and operator roles that are
    different in the mobile ecosystem. -- due 2008-06-24 --
    PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/786

      [22] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/786

    <dom> [23]Jo's contribution on the role of aggregators and operator

      [23] 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Jul/att-0052/Mobile_Ecosystem.pdf

    <dom> ACTION-790?

    <trackbot> ACTION-790 -- Alan Chuter to produce some text around
    accessibility of Javascript for Web Application Best Practices --
    due 2008-07-03 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/790

      [24] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/790

    <dom> [25]Alan's contribution

      [25] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Sep/0081.html

    <dom> ACTION: Adam to review Alan's
    [26]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Sep/0081.htm
    l [recorded in
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/08-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]

      [26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Sep/0081.html

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-894 - Review Alan's
    [28]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Sep/0081.htm
    l [on Adam Connors - due 2009-01-15].

      [28] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Sep/0081.html

    <dom> close ACTION-792

    <trackbot> ACTION-792 Propose some text on SVG closed

    <dom> ACTION-873?

    <trackbot> ACTION-873 -- Daniel Appelquist to provide some words on
    conservative use of resources -- due 2008-10-28 -- OPEN

    <trackbot>
    [29]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/873

      [29] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/873

    <dom> ACTION-837?

    <trackbot> ACTION-837 -- Kai Scheppe to provide explanatory text for
    the addendum which will put the document (mobileOK Pro Tests 1) in
    the correct context and explain to the audience that it is intended
    to aid content authors in creating still better content. -- due
    2008-09-11 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [30]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/837

      [30] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/837

    <dom> ACTION-857?

    <trackbot> ACTION-857 -- Alan Chuter to initiate discussion on
    ISSUE-282 (Overlap) -- due 2008-10-08 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [31]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/857

      [31] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/857

    <dom> close ACTION-857

    <trackbot> ACTION-857 Initiate discussion on ISSUE-282 (Overlap)
    closed

    <dom> ACTION-869?

    <trackbot> ACTION-869 -- Jo Rabin to review the mobileOK license in
    more details and send further questions to rigo -- due 2008-10-27 --
    PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [32]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/869

      [32] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/869

    <dom> Jo: no feedback from rigo

    ACTION-876?

    <trackbot> ACTION-876 -- Adam Connors to send to Jeff list of test
    cases that Jeff can inflict on a grad student. -- due 2008-10-25 --
    PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [33]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/876

      [33] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/876

    dka: Reassign to Jeff since action is now pending some potential
    results from grad. student.

    ACTION-879?

    <trackbot> ACTION-879 -- Fran├žois Daoust to ask [someone] about
    adding IETF headers -- due 2008-11-11 -- PENDINGREVIEW

    <trackbot>
    [34]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/879

      [34] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/879

    close ACTION-879

    <trackbot> ACTION-879 Ask [someone] about adding IETF headers closed

F2F meetings

    dka: Last conversation last yr was to decide that we couldn't get
    good attendance for the Korean meeting due to budget constraints.
    ... So we don't now have a plan for a near-term F2F.

    <dom> [35]Process document on F2F meetings: 8 weeks advance notice

      [35] 
http://www.w3.org/2005/10/Process-20051014/policies.html#GeneralMeetings

    dka: 18th/19th March in Boston would work well for me.

    <achuter> That's Easter Week

    achuter: Actually, maybe that isn't easter week.

    <SeanP> Easter is April 12, 2009

    dka: We would need a host in any case.

    <dom> ACTION: Dan to look for a potential host for a meeting in
    Boston week of March 18 [recorded in
    [36]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/08-bpwg-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-895 - Look for a potential host for a
    meeting in Boston week of March 18 [on Daniel Appelquist - due
    2009-01-15].

    dka: We will create a poll to confirm dates and also location.

    jo: We will also need to plan for a concluding F2F.

    <achuter> bye all

    <miguel> bye

    <jsmanrique> bye

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: Adam to review Alan's
    [37]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Sep/0081.htm
    l [recorded in
    [38]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/08-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]
    [NEW] ACTION: Dan to look for a potential host for a meeting in
    Boston week of March 18 [recorded in
    [39]http://www.w3.org/2009/01/08-bpwg-minutes.html#action02]

      [37] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Sep/0081.html

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 8 January 2009 16:31:43 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:42:59 UTC