W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-bpwg@w3.org > October 2008

[minutes] Thursday 2 October 2008 teleconf

From: Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 02 Oct 2008 17:32:22 +0200
Message-ID: <48E4E986.2080904@w3.org>
To: Mobile Web Best Practices Working Group WG <public-bpwg@w3.org>

Hi,

The minutes of today's meeting are available at:
http://www.w3.org/2008/10/02-bpwg-minutes.html

... and copied as text below.

Francois.



02 Oct 2008

    [2]Agenda

       [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Oct/0000.html

    See also: [3]IRC log

       [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/10/02-bpwg-irc

Attendees

    Present
           Bryan_Sullivan, Francois, Kai_Dietrich, achuter, aconnors,
           bruce, jeffs, jo, miguel

    Regrets
           Heiko, Yeliz, Manrique, SeanP, Sangwhan, Rob, DKA,
           Francois(partial)

    Chair
           Jo

    Scribe
           jeffs, jo

Contents

      * [4]Topics
          1. [5]Introductions
          2. [6]Korea Task Force
          3. [7]Content Transformation
          4. [8]Checker Task Force:
          5. [9]Updates
          6. [10]Accessibility Docs
          7. [11]BP 1.5
          8. [12]MobileOK Scheme
          9. [13]Application Best Bractices
         10. [14]Any Other Business
         11. [15]MobileOK Pro
         12. [16]Any Other Business
      * [17]Summary of Action Items
      _________________________________________________________

Introductions

    Bruce: from Opera, worked on Device Independence

    <jo> bruce interested in accessibility

Korea Task Force

    <inserted> Jo: No one from Korea is here

Content Transformation

    <inserted> Jo: Francois not yet on call, skip for now

Checker Task Force:

    <inserted> will have proposed changes for MobileOK not yet agreed,
    but expect agreement within next week or so and changes will be made
    then

    Jo: awaiting feedback from WSC WG

    <jo> ACTION: jo to chase WSC WG ref proposed change to mobileOK
    Basic [recorded in
    [18]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/02-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-856 - Chase WSC WG ref proposed change to
    mobileOK Basic [on Jo Rabin - due 2008-10-09].

Updates

Accessibility Docs

    Jo: Yeliz not on call today, but a number of updates have been
    posted today

    <jo> [19]Poll

      [19] 
http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/37584/WAI-Mobile-Experiences/results

    Jo: responses currently positive, awaiting more results

    <jo> note that all responses to the poll were positive with requests
    for minor corrections, Yeliz sent update today, we will review next
    week

    <achuter>
    [20]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/Accessibility/d
    rafts/ED-mwbp-wcag-20081002/

      [20] 
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/Accessibility/drafts/ED-mwbp-wcag-20081002/

    Alan: new editor's draft for accessibility
    ... main differences: moving section on doing both WCAG and Mobile

    <achuter>
    [21]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/Accessibility/d
    rafts/changelog.html#version_20081002

      [21] 
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/Accessibility/drafts/changelog.html#version_20081002

    alan: 2nd change re Education and Outreach group

    <achuter>
    [22]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/Accessibility/d
    rafts/ED-mwbp-wcag-20081002/#together

      [22] 
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/Accessibility/drafts/ED-mwbp-wcag-20081002/#together

    Alan: request for clarification: section on what to do if trying to
    accomplish both Mobile Best Practices and WCAG at the same time
    ... wants feedback from this group

    Jo: thinks would be useful to put in more specifics

    <jo> scribe: jo

    jeffs: has a group meeting on accessibility issue and how to
    implement stuff, doesn't want to step on WCAG toes needs to have a
    conversation with someone, and concerns about overlapping grousp,
    will try to get someone from NTID to join WCAG - Jeff's group will
    continue working with someone coming in on Thursday and generally
    think this is an interesting problem anyway
    ... trying to find a more permanent person on WCAG anyway

    <scribe> scribe: jeffs

    achuter: encouraging getting someone from NTID to join WCAG

    <jo> scribe: jo

    alan: have the people involved read the overlap doc

    jeffs: 3 people from IT dept and 1 from NTID went through current
    documents about how they were going to approach it, dense set of
    requirements needs addressing in a cherent way
    ... want to look for concrete approaches for developers with
    concrete example code
    ... mostly have expertise on deafness, but are bringing in other
    experts in different disability areas to talk

    alan: so we should not hang on for input in the immediate term

    jeffs: we would be happy if what we produce is published as an
    appendix etc.

    <jeffs> scribe: jeffs

    <jo> alan: so we should not wait for a new PWD?

    jeffs: do not wait

    <jo> jeffs: no, but the doc wiull be better later with more concrete
    examples

    Jo: any other views on this?

    <jo> ISSUE: WHat are we going to do about the overlap section in the
    accessibility doc? Scrap it?

    <trackbot> Created ISSUE-282 - What are we going to do about the
    overlap section in the accessibility doc? Scrap it? ; please
    complete additional details at
    [23]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/282/edit .

      [23] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/issues/282/edit

    Jo: asks Alan to begin this discussion on the mailing list

    <jo> ACTION: chuter to initiate discussion on ISSUE-282 (Overlap)
    [recorded in
    [24]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/02-bpwg-minutes.html#action02]

    <trackbot> Created ACTION-857 - Initiate discussion on ISSUE-282
    (Overlap) [on Alan Chuter - due 2008-10-09].

BP 1.5

    Jo: Kai sent an example update today, but he's not on call and folks
    won't have had time to read it

MobileOK Scheme

    Jo: awaiting feedback from Web Security Group on our changes

Application Best Bractices

    <jo> [25]Minutes of ABP Editors Meeting

      [25] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Sep/0090.html

    Jo: discussion of meeting last week

    Adam: all the issues were turned into actions

    Bryan: would like to see set of followups before the face-to-face
    ... submitted additional items for discussion
    ... more work to be done, may not have full understanding of Web
    Applications compatibility issues

    Adam: would like meeting next week to move forward

    [discussion of calendaring issues for face-to-face and prep
    meetings]

    Jo: need to produce documents by early next week so people have
    something to read and discuss before face-to-face
    ... face-to-face objective - get it ready for next public draft
    ... concerns from Bryan and Adam need to be resolved
    ... skipping issues-and-actions as not much change since last week

Any Other Business

    Jo: face-to-face agenda still being worked on
    ... get registered ASAP if you are coming to the TPAC

MobileOK Pro

    Kai: document out with a few modifications and test cases
    ... removing pass-fail language
    ... wants feedback from people
    ... no new language in re DDC at this point

    <jo> [26]Kai's trial version of the new format with only 2 changed
    to new format for review

      [26] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Oct/0001.html

Any Other Business

    Jo: no other business
    ... speaker phone will be available at least part of the time from
    the face-to-face, please let us know if you need that

    [discussion of best time to have discussion on MWABP as Bryan is in
    Osaka]

    <jo> conclusion is late morning probably

    <jo> for abp

Summary of Action Items

    [NEW] ACTION: chuter to initiate discussion on ISSUE-282 (Overlap)
    [recorded in
    [27]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/02-bpwg-minutes.html#action02]
    [NEW] ACTION: jo to chase WSC WG ref proposed change to mobileOK
    Basic [recorded in
    [28]http://www.w3.org/2008/10/02-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]

    [End of minutes]
Received on Thursday, 2 October 2008 15:32:55 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 20:42:59 UTC