Re: New draft of mobileOK Scheme 2008-11-06

Another quick comment from me below

Francois Daoust wrote:

> I confess I'm a bit surprised to see that the section "Claiming mobileOK
> Conformance using POWDER" was entirely removed.
>
> My recollection of our discussion was that:
>  1. it is not mandatory to use a machine-readable claim to claim
> conformance to mobileOK
>  2. people may still use the machine-readable claim, and that's
> something we still want to promote as a good practice.
>
> In short, I think the document should just provide several ways to claim
> conformance to mobileOK:
>  - the logo
>  - POWDER
>  [ - and possibly RDFa although I'm not sure that's such a good idea
> since there's no way to embed such a claim in a mobileOK representation,
> leading to a pretty confusing message "Use RDFa to claim you're
> mobileOK, but not in a mobileOK page. What ?!?". ]

One option would be to slightly re-word but basically put back sections
2.1, 2.2 and 2.4 from the previous version of this doc? [1]. That would
show how one could create an RDF triple that stated that a given
resource was mOK, the full POWDER example and the section on linkage.
Jonathan's work on a microformat could be referred to (although I think
I understood yesterday that he's going to revise this??) I've left out
section 2.3 in that list as that's the RDFa one which, yes, raises
something of a logical paradox.

Phil.

[1] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/Drafts/mobileOK-Trustmark/20081017

--