W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > public-bpwg@w3.org > January 2008

[minutes] Thursday 17 January Teleconf

From: Francois Daoust <fd@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2008 17:05:15 +0100
To: public-bpwg <public-bpwg@w3.org>
Message-Id: <1200585915.6742.47.camel@localhost>

The minutes of today's teleconf:
http://www.w3.org/2008/01/17-bpwg-minutes.html

and copied as text below.

François.



17 Jan 2008

   [2]Agenda

      [2] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg/2008Jan/0025.html

   See also: [3]IRC log

      [3] http://www.w3.org/2008/01/17-bpwg-irc

Attendees

   Present
          francois, jo, Magnus, Dom, Jason, MartinJ, Ed_Mitukiewicz,
          Bryan_Sullivan, achuter, SeanP, Sean_Owen, abel, nacho,
          miguel

   Regrets
          Kai, Adam, RobFinean, PhilA, Kemp, AlanTai, Roland, Charles,
          Shahriar

   Chair
          Jo

   Scribe
          MartinJones

Contents

     * [4]Topics
         1. [5]Reports from Task Forces
         2. [6]Report from Checker Task Force
         3. [7]MobileOK Pro
         4. [8]Accessibility Document
         5. [9]BP2
         6. [10]Update on Seoul
         7. [11]AOB
     * [12]Summary of Action Items
     _________________________________________________________

Reports from Task Forces

   Jo: was not able to have call last week
   ... so no further progress in last week
   ... will be sending out noted about Bryan's proposed text
   ... if no objections this will be the draft
   ... Francois has volunteered to lead the CT Task Force. Thanks very
   much.

   Francois: CT guidleline needs to move forward and I will try to make
   progress

   Jo: Thanks very much for "volunteering"

Report from Checker Task Force

   Sean: Trying to get to a point where we can cut a new release of the
   checker, as a Beta
   ... still some issues to fix
   ... issues are bing fixed. Will discuss on list whether it is ready
   for a beta release
   ... may take another week or so
   ... would keep the beta in public for about 2 months then release as
   1.0

   Jo: Thanks for all the hard work

   <dom> +1 to jo's position

   Jo: would prefer to delay a little more and ensure that the beta is
   at least complete

   dom: agree with fixing all discrepancies from MobileOK before beta

   Jo: There is a question as to whether the existing check should be
   replaced anyway since the checker is already better

   dom: There is a resource issue with doing this

MobileOK Pro

   Jo: Regrets from Phil
   ... next call will be one week from today at 1pm
   ... UTC

Accessibility Document

   <francois> [13]Relationship Between Mobile Web Best Practices 1.0
   and Web Content Accessibility Guidelines

     [13] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/TaskForces/Accessibility/drafts/ED-mwbp-wcag-20080117

   achuter: Has been a lot work to get public working draft..
   ... Francois has helped a lot.. It is now ready to go. People should
   have looked at it by now.

   <dom> PROPOSED RESOLUTION: Request Current Draft transition to First
   Public Working Draft

   Jo: We should all be very excited by this. We are putting into the
   public domain in a somewhat incomplete state to get early comment

   Francos: Wording in TOC is slightly different from other document
   (see WCAG link)

   <dom> Congrats to Alan!

   Jo: any further comment?

   <dom> RESOLUTION: Request Current Draft transition to First Public
   Working Draft

   <Zakim> dom, you wanted to talk about for pub date, shortname

   Jo: Thanks to our beloved staff contacts for their cooperation and
   collaboration. We will request the transition

   <dom> RESOLUTION: doc to be published as mwbp-wcag on Jan 22

   Dom: [discussion of short name and date]

   Jo: We should think about working with EOWG to promote this document

   <dom> "Please send feedback to both wai-eo-editors@w3.org (archive)
   and public-bpwg@w3.org (archive)."

   Alan: We don't have a forum for the discussion at the moment

   Jo: Looking for a recommendation of what we should do for this

   Dom: Suggest bpwg-comments

   Jo: we would prefer all comments to be on one list so they should
   not go onto two lists

   <dom> (I meant "public-bpwg-comments@w3.org")

   <dom> [14]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-comments/

     [14] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-comments/

   <dom> ACTION: ALan to update the comments list to
   public-bpwg-comments [recorded in
   [15]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/17-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]

   <trackbot-ng> Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) -
   ALan

   <trackbot-ng> Try using a different identifier, such as family name
   or username (eg. achuter, atai)

   <dom> ACTION: achuter to update the comments list to
   public-bpwg-comments [recorded in
   [16]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/17-bpwg-minutes.html#action02]

   <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-619 - Update the comments list to
   public-bpwg-comments [on Alan Chuter - due 2008-01-24].

   Jo: we thank the Team in advance for their work on this

BP2

   Bryan: current status: Sent out email requesting input

   <dom> ACTION-592?

   <trackbot-ng> ACTION-592 -- Edward Mitukiewicz to report whether he
   can be editor of the document who shall not be named -- due
   2008-01-03 -- OPEN

   <trackbot-ng>
   [17]http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/592

     [17] http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/BPWG/Group/track/actions/592

   Bryan: this is the only progress in the last week.

   <dom> close ACTION-592

   <trackbot-ng> ACTION-592 report whether he can be editor of the
   document who shall not be named closed

   Jo: Ed regrets that he cannot assume co-editorship
   ... Open question is can anyone else assume that role?
   ... there are many benefits.
   ... [discussion of XML/HTML editors for preparing spec documents]

   <dom> (as a reminder, [18]http://www.w3.org/2003/Editors/ has many
   information for editors, and any addition to that page is also
   welcome)

     [18] http://www.w3.org/2003/Editors/

   <scribe> ACTION: Jo to raise issue of co-editorship vacancy
   [recorded in
   [19]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/17-bpwg-minutes.html#action03]

   <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-620 - Raise issue of co-editorship
   vacancy [on Jo Rabin - due 2008-01-24].

   Bryan: received email from Phillip Hoschka re Mobile AJAX

   Jo: take it up with Dan Appelquist
   ... is a formal liaison needed?

   <dom> ACTION: Dom to check if W3C has a liaison with OpenAjax
   [recorded in
   [20]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/17-bpwg-minutes.html#action04]

   <trackbot-ng> Created ACTION-621 - Check if W3C has a liaison with
   OpenAjax [on Dominique Hazaël-Massieux - due 2008-01-24].

   Dom: there isn't one in place now

Update on Seoul

   Jo: People starting to make travel plans..
   ... BPWG meeting on Mon/Tue, overlap with UWA then DDWG on Thu/Fri
   ... is that correct?

   <dom>
   [21]http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-bpwg/2008Jan/0018.htm
   l

     [21] http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-bpwg/2008Jan/0018.html

   Jo: We need to communicate this with members of the group. Should
   have a further survey.

   Dom: At this stage we should open a registration form but we are
   waiting for all the logistical details from the hosts

   Jo: So we will need to hold off until we have accommodation info.
   ... We should send out a reminder announcing the registration will
   be open shortly
   ... Quick straw poll..

   <dom> [I won't be coming to Seoul unfortunately due to a conflicting
   commitment]

   Jo: who is definitely not coming?

   <achuter> +1

   <srowen> (I cannot attend)

   Jo: Who is definitely coming?

   <francois> I'm coming

   <Bryan> +1

   <jo> +1

   <Jason> I'm waiting for travel approval

   <SeanP> I'm a hopeful

AOB

   none

   <achuter> bye

   <Magnus> bye bye

   <nacho> thanks, bye

   <abel> bye

   <jo> Thanks to Martin for Scribing

   Thanks

Summary of Action Items

   [NEW] ACTION: achuter to update the comments list to
   public-bpwg-comments [recorded in
   [22]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/17-bpwg-minutes.html#action02]
   [NEW] ACTION: ALan to update the comments list to
   public-bpwg-comments [recorded in
   [23]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/17-bpwg-minutes.html#action01]
   [NEW] ACTION: Dom to check if W3C has a liaison with OpenAjax
   [recorded in
   [24]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/17-bpwg-minutes.html#action04]
   [NEW] ACTION: Jo to raise issue of co-editorship vacancy [recorded
   in [25]http://www.w3.org/2008/01/17-bpwg-minutes.html#action03]

   [End of minutes]
     _________________________________________________________


    Minutes formatted by David Booth's [26]scribe.perl version 1.130
    ([27]CVS log)
    $Date: 2008/01/17 16:01:59 $

     [26] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/scribedoc.htm
     [27] http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2002/scribe/
Received on Thursday, 17 January 2008 16:03:28 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.4.0 : Friday, 25 March 2022 10:09:51 UTC