Re: test against Gmail

I was going to say that you should pass the URL for Gmail's XHTML
interface to make sure you're checking the right page:

http://validator.w3.org/mobile/?uri=http://mail.google.com/mail/x/

... but I actually get the same result as from checking
gmail.google.com. The checker is checking the desktop version of
Gmail; for some reason Gmail is redirecting the checker's request to
the non-mobile version in both cases. For example, there are many
warnings about using script, but, the mobile web version of Gmail
doesn't use script. I'll see if I can get to the bottom of that.

Once the BPWG's mobileOK Basic Tests 1.0 document is finalized, and a
checker is available based on the tests, I will push internally to fix
any issues it identifies in our mobile web-based services.

Sean