RE: Minimal web pages

On Wed, May 25, 2005 at 09:34:02AM -0400, Ben Swihart wrote:
> I've found an interesting challenge is content management systems -
> articles with tablular data inserts) exclusively for the mobile web,
> process than exists today for "writing for the web." which is already a
> rather KISS-like guideline.

Simple works, yet don't forget about Web practitioners. Well written web
pages such as blogs render on the worst XHTML browsers. The code isn't
exactly simple. It has semantics and structure.

For example I tested my Wordpress blog with a series 40[1] XHTML browser
extensively. It works! Works even better with no CSS at all. :)

Images and today's mobile device of course, are a no no.  Paradoxically
images that made the "desktop" Web boom, are now blocking the growth of
the mobile as a Web access device!

With regards to usability testing. Since more usability can be provided
by the UA, focus on documenting the present eccentricities of
incompliant mobile UAs.

[1] http://natalian.org/archives/2004/06/16/nokia-device-independence-with-css/