	From: public-bpwg-request@w3.org [mailto:public-bpwg-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Rotan Hanrahan
	Sent: 09 August 2005 09:48
	To: public-bpwg@w3.org
	Subject: URLs and access issues

	Even the chances of getting a new data format recognised are hard. A new protocol would be incredibly difficult, if not impossible.Of course, there's nothing wrong with using HTTP. It is, after all, what is used to retrieve CSS files, robots.txt files, and other files that are effectively metadata. All you need to do is define a metadata file/format for site descriptions and you have a workable solution without having to invent a new protocol. And the URLs can still be small.

	Site descriptions are issues for the Semantic Web people. Perhaps they could comment?

	---Rotan