From: public-bpwg-comments-request@w3.org
[mailto:public-bpwg-comments-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Sullivan,
Bryan
Sent: Tuesday, September 23, 2008 12:17 AM
To: Dennis Bournique
Cc: public-bpwg-comments@w3.org
Subject: Re: Comments on Content Transformation Guidelines? (LC-2065)

Hi Dennis,

I took the action to propose some text for your comments. I had similar
input way back at the start of the CT Guidelines work, so I will
resurrect some of it here. The statements are terse by design. They can
be elaborated on but the essence of the requirement is what should be
agreed upon first, then the requirement level.

(this is a new section)

4.4 User Control

4.4.1 Original Representation Availability

A CT proxy SHALL provide availability of the original representation for
a CP response.

4.4.2 Selecting Content Representation Dynamically

A CT proxy SHALL support user switching between the available
representations for a CP response, including the original representation
and transformed representations.

A CT proxy SHALL provide content in the chosen representation until the
user chooses another representation.

4.4.3 Selecting Content Representation as a Preference

A CT proxy MAY enable the user to select a preference for a content
representation from among those available through the proxy.

A CT proxy that offers user-selection of content representations SHOULD
be capable of user selection of such preferences for specific domains
and globally for all domains.

Best regards,

Bryan Sullivan | AT&T

From: Dennis Bournique <db@wapreview.com
<mailto:db@wapreview.com?Subject=Re%3A%20Comments%20on%20Content%20Trans
formation%20Guidelines%3F&In-Reply-To=%253C368635.28409.qm%40web81606.ma
il.mud.yahoo.com%253E&References=%253C368635.28409.qm%40web81606.mail.mu
d.yahoo.com%253E> >