Re: LC-2067: Conformance statement - MUST and SHOULD

Agree strongly with this. I think for the sake of clarity it might be
worth pointing out that that an explanation for non conformance with the
SHOULDs needs to identify why a deployment is different from the norm,
rather then "we didn't feel like it", "our product manager told us not
to" and I think it should be clear that conforming implementations don't
follow the SHOULDs only in specific exceptional circumstances.

As to where such a conformance statement might be lodged - send to
fd@w3.org? :-)

Jo