Re: [CTG] Draft 2008-11-07 / cached responses

On 11/11/2008 09:33, Eduardo Casais wrote:
> a) Paginated responses
>
> Section 4.1.4 discusses proxies that "paginate responses".
>
> I am not sure what is meant with "paginated" responses; a
> definition is in order. Is this a reference to range
> retrieval requests as per RFC2616 14.35.2? Or to splitting
> content for presentation on a mobile device?

The latter, if it's not clear we should make it so.

> b) Stale data
>
> Proxies "should provide a simple means of retrieving a fresh copy."
> Is there any compelling rationale why they should not? If not,
> then why not put a must?

I don't object to that. I think that once we have the sense straight we
need to go through the doc adjusting the nuts and bolts. Francois refers
to such a process under his agenda item 8 in today's agenda

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-bpwg-ct/2008Nov/0018.html