ACTION-717: propose some alternate text for HTTPs rewrite and "must provide the option to avoid transformation"

Resending for Trackbot (I missed the hyphen after ACTION..)

From: public-bpwg-ct-request@w3.org [mailto:public-bpwg-ct-request@w3.org]
On Behalf Of Martin Jones
Sent: 25 March 2008 13:30
To: public-bpwg-ct@w3.org
Subject: ACTION 717: propose some alternate text for HTTPs rewrite and
"must provide the option to avoid transformation"

Here’s my proposed change:

Current Text (in section 3.4):
If the proxy rewrites such links, it must advise the end user of the
security implications of doing so and must provide the option to avoid
transformation of the resources the links refer to.

Proposed text:
If the proxy rewrites such links, it must advise the end user of the
security implications of doing so and must provide the option to avoid
decryption and transformation of the resources the links refer to.

I think this makes it clearer that it is not allowed under these
conditions for the proxy to break the end-to-end security even if it does
not transform the content.
__
Martin