Re: CT Guidelines and Cache-Control: no-transform

I'm not sure I completely agree.

We only mention user preferences where they directly apply, not where
they may override that of the server, and I think that's good as it is,
provided we're clear in 3.2.4 (and in 3.2.3) that it applies to all
servers guidelines (and thus, mostly, to the Cache-Control: no-transform
directive).

If we include them in 4.1.1 and 4.4, we'll get sentences such as:
"If the response includes a Cache-Control: no-transform directive then
the response MUST remain unaltered (...) except if the user expressly
said he wants transformation".
I think it creates more confusion than clarity, IMO.

[For the HTTPS case, we're not really talking about the possibility that
the user expressed preferences, but as a mandatory feature that allows
the user to decide whether an HTTPS content may be transformed or not.]

Francois.