Re: [wmlprogramming] Re: no-transform and the role of W3C

(crossposted to public-bpwg-ct & wmlprogramming)

Gotcha. That'll be why CTG insists that servers stick a no-transform
onto any response whose request had one[1]. Tho, hmm, this conflicts
with section 14.9 of RFC 2616, which says that cache-control should be
unidirectional:

> Cache directives are unidirectional in that the presence
>    of a directive in a request does not imply that the same
> directive is
>    to be given in the response.

I'm not sure I get how these two statements are compatible. Can anyone
from the BPWG throw any light onto this?

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/ct-guidelines/#sec-cache-control-no-transform

--
Future Platforms Ltd
e: Tom.Hume@futureplatforms.com