From: public-bpwg-ct-request@w3.org [mailto:public-bpwg-ct-request@w3.org] On Behalf Of Nigel Choi
Sent: 21 September 2007 17:28
To: Magnus Lönnroth; public-bpwg-ct@w3.org
Subject: Re: CT problem statement

Hi Magnus, Jo,

Thank you for your replies. I appreciate the conversation and your work in the Mobile Web working group. Perhaps I misread or misunderstood what the Problem Statement is supposed to mean. And as Jo said in another e-mail, yes it was not clear that the document is supposed to describe the current problem.

I am sure you are aware of the firestorm brewing about Vodafone's practice of changing the User-Agent header. I really do not want to throw around accusations and attribute malice to what could have simply been bad judgment on the part of Vodafone and players in W3C. But what Vodafone has done so far is not to recognize their mistake, but to consistently defend their moves with technically unsound reasoning. Worse of all, they are pointing to this W3C Task Force as the place to "participate" in "solving" the problem. As with any standards-making process, it is going to take a while. But the damage is done by Vodafone right this moment, so it seems to be a stalling tactic. In addition to that, a Vodafone representative, Daniel Appelquist, is a chair of this Task Force. All these creates an impression that Vodafone is manipulating this Task Force for their own gain and an excuse for their action.

Regards,
Nigel.