Re: Feedback on content transformation guidelines ( LC-2066 LC-2067 LC-2068 LC-2069 LC-2070 LC-2071 LC-2073 LC-2072 LC-2074 LC-2075 LC-2076 LC-2077 LC-2078 LC-2079 LC-2080 LC-2081 LC-2082 LC-2083 LC-2084)

For clarification, the guidelines do not build on the assumption that
GET is not safe.

The mechanism described by Luca is actually recommended by the
guidelines: send a GET with original headers, then send a request with
modified headers if the first response is a "request unacceptable" response.

The note on GET being sometimes misused in practice was to target
transcoding vendors, to alert them that they should minimize the number
of GET requests they send when possible. I register that the use of
normative terms for that section could be a problem and that it can be
mis-interpreted. This should be addressed by the group.

Thanks,
Francois,
BPWG staff contact.