Re: mobileOK Basic, overly restrictive tests (was: Re: please reivew mobileOK Basic Tests 1.0 (scripting, fallback, ...))

On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 07:35:36 +0200, Simon Pieters <zcorpan@gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 00:21:16 +0200, Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org> wrote:
>
>> I think that's an interesting point, but the way it's phrased
>> doesn't help me track the status of it as well as I'd like.
>>
>> In stead of "The tests warn for things..." could you pick one
>> or two specific bits of text from the mobileOK tests document
>> that you disagree with?
>
> Ok.
>
>     3.15 OBJECTS_OR_SCRIPT (partial)

>     If a script element is present, warn
> For authors who want to comply with mobileOK (i.e., make the mobileOK
> validator not emit any warnings or errors)

Warn is not a fail. If what you do results in a warn, you may or may not
be mobileOK. If you want to have an automatic checker not warn about
anything, that's about your own priorities, not about mobileOK (likewise
if you accept any kind of warning, that's not very clever either).

>     3.18 POP_UPS
> AIUI, mobiles don't support popups at all.

This is untrue. Some do.

Cheers

Chaals

chaals@opera.com    Catch up: Speed Dial   http://opera.com