Re: BP THEMATIC_CONSISTENCY and WCAG

Hi Shadi,

Thanks for your input. The use cases for the document are publicly
available [1] (and perhaps should be included in it).

This section is titled "How Mobile Web Best Practices can Benefit Users
with Disabilities" but perhaps it should have the subtitle "...and help
authors comply with WCAG". I agree that it would be better for the future
of the document to reference WCAG 2.0 [1], but at present it is still a
Working Draft. I'm not sure I agree that WCAG 1.0 will be superseded by
2.0, rather the two will coexist. I agree with you that 2.0 would be
better, but we felt that 1.0 is what people need at the moment.

Regarding the THEMATIC_CONSISTENCY best practice [3], I wanted to show
that using alternative pages (ie, not following the BP or the WCAG
checkpoint) can lead to multiplying the alternatives and an absurd
situation, and so they should only be used if all else fails. I think your
right in saying we shouldn't cite CP 11.4. Do you think it corresponds to
any other CPs?

thanks,

Alan

[1] http://docs.google.com/Doc?docid=dftkhw2k_16w7bkx7&hl=en_GB
[2] http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/
[3] http://www.w3.org/TR/mobile-bp/#THEMATIC_CONSISTENCY

--
Alan Chuter
Accessibility Consultant

If you are unable to reply to this message because of spam filter, try my
alternative address achuter.technosite@yahoo.com.

Si no puede contestar a este mensaje por culpa del filtro de spam, intente
con mi dirección alternativa achuter.technosite@yahoo.com.