Re: Web 3.0 Blockchains

On 12 March 2017 at 21:43, John.Domingue <john.domingue@open.ac.uk> wrote:

> Hi Melvin, did you consider sending a paper to below?
>

> It would be really great to have your ideas presented there

Hi, it's not my paper, but I think it will be submitted to that conference

I think block chain technology will converge to this solution, as many
people are starting to find out.

In order to scale block chains you need an off block network.

An off block network will need a web of trust.

A web of trust will need a semantic layer or a proprietary algorithm.
Proprietary algorithms tend to fail, either in growing a network, or not
achieving the functionality needed.

This leads to the requirement for a semantic social layer.  And while
there's a lot of valiant efforts to grow these organically, the only
technology with sufficient traction to handle this, and handle it well, is
linked data.

This paper ties all those aspects together, in a way that has not been
achieved elsewhere imho.

It also provides upgrade paths for things like smart contracts, private
block chains, a social layer, in fact it's open ended.

The neat thing is that all the solutions built on top of this technology
will be compatible with each other and the whole web.