Re: Chainpoint Community Group Announcement

Adan,

You have no reason to apologize.  You built a technology and you want it
widely adopted.  No one faults you for that.

I appreciate the support for Chainpoint. We've been thinking about how to
make it possible for Stampery style proofs to be generated and validated
using Chainpoint syntax.  The example you sent via email is a good start.
The major technical hurdle is that you've chosen a non-standard way of
constructing Merkle trees; your MerkleMixer
<https://github.com/stampery/elixir-merkle>.  As far as I can tell, the
primary reason is that you can remove the left/right designation in the
proof path, thus allowing you to create a slightly more compact proof.  We
chose to go with standard merkle trees because there are dozens of
libraries on Github for developers to use in a wide variety of languages.
That said, it's entirely possible to create a proof type that accommodates
Stampery's way of building trees.

By the end of the week, we'll post some ideas to Chainpoint Community
Group.  Peter Todd rightly pointed out that several of the things you can
do with Chainpoint aren't as well documented as they could be.

We too want there to be a widely accepted standard.  That's why we started
this process.  I look forward to seeing your proposals.  I see no reason
why we can't incorporate many of your suggestions into a next version of
Chainpoint.

Wayne

[image: Tierion] <http://tierion.com/>

Wayne Vaughan / CEOwayne@tierion.com / 860.836.8633