Re: Open Timestamps

When you study the transactions in the blocks in Bitcoin you can see the
timestamps are quite messed up, i.e. not ordered chronologically.

Isn't one of the fundamental attributes of a distributed system the lack of
a global clock?

Recently I'm starting to think that the Bitcoin blockchain only provides a
very fuzzy notion of time stampedness. To me the blockchain is more about a
rough sequencing of events.