Re: Chainpoint

From: Melvin Carvalho <melvincarvalho@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2016 14:03:38 +0200
To: Vicki Lemieux <vlemieux@mail.ubc.ca>
Cc: Adán Sánchez de Pedro Crespo <adan@stampery.co>, Blockchain CG <public-blockchain@w3.org>
On 9 September 2016 at 20:41, Vicki Lemieux <vlemieux@mail.ubc.ca> wrote:

> Hi All, I belong to an international research consortium, InterPARES
> Trust, that has good experience in creating multi-lingual terminology
> databases. See http://www.interpares.org/ip2/ip2_terminology_db.cfm.
> Though the database doesn¹t relate to blockchain or web technologies, it
> may provide a good model of process and output for us to follow.

Fantastic!

Strongly agree with the sentiment here that collecting, categorizing and
standardizing the common algorithms that secure a block chain is a great
deliverable here.

>From this naturally flows many use cases that these algorithms are already
in use for.

A meta topic may be the use of public vs private block chains via access
control, but it makes sense to focus on the public first.