Re: global blockchain identity

On 16 May 2016 at 22:17, Christopher Allen <ChristopherA@blockstream.com>
wrote:

> You should definitely take a look at the last
> November's #RebootingWebOfTrust whitepapers at
> https://github.com/WebOfTrustInfo/rebooting-the-web-of-trust/tree/master/final-documents
> in particular DPKI.

OK so you want to store public keys associated with an (unnamed) identifier
using a block chain.  Such as namecoin, bitcoin or ethereum.

This is already sounding like a bad idea.

Or is there some other block chain.  Now what happens when it gets 51%
attacked?  Or someone claims someone else's identifier.

I store my public key on my homepage.  Surely this is a HUGELY simpler,
cheaper and more secure way to do it?