From: Coralie Mercier <coralie@w3.org>
Date: Thu, May 5, 2016 at 7:42 AM
Subject: Increased W3C Team support for W3C Community Groups
To: w3c-ac-forum@w3.org
Cc: chairs@w3.org

Dear Advisory Committee Representative,
Chairs,

It is our pleasure to announce that, because of the larger role W3C
Community Groups play notably in incubating work for the Recommendation
Track, and in addition to welcoming CGs to meet at TPAC 2016 in September,
W3C management has approved increased W3C Team support in some cases.

In a gist, a W3C Team contact may be assigned to a Community Group, and on
approval of a W3C Domain Lead, W3C Community Groups can get WebEx and
Github resources from W3C. That Domain lead is responsible for tracking and
scheduling those resources.

W3M may assign team contact resources of an unquantified amount in the
following circumstances:

* Incubating work destined for a W3C Interest Group or Working Group. (In
this case, the resource may be included in the charters for the IGs/WGs)
* Helping the Team maintain errata on a recommendation produced by a
Working Group that has closed.
* Making proposals for updating the W3C Process Document, i.e. Revising W3C
Process Community Group.
* Conducting a discussion forum with a community of stakeholders which is
deemed important by someone on W3M - e.g., Restricted Media Community Group.

This is now part of The Guidebook [1], under section "Starting a Group",
where we link to this new documentation:

  W3C Team support for W3C Community Groups
  https://www.w3.org/2016/04/cg-support/

The page on "Tools and Infrastructure" on the W3C Community & Business
Groups website has been updated accordingly:
  https://www.w3.org/community/about/tool/

Thank you,
Coralie Mercier, Head of W3C Marketing & Communications

[1] https://www.w3.org/Guide/

--
Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Marketing & Communications -  http://www.w3.org
mailto:coralie@w3.org +336 4322 0001 http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/