Re: W3C Blockchain Workshop Follow-Up

On 07/30/2016 01:11 PM, Marta Piekarska wrote:
> it may have sounded too harsh than I originally wanted it. I know we
> are all busy. It was really supposed to be just a friendly yet
> strong reminder.

I didn't read it as anything other than a strong reminder that we need
to step up as a community. Thank you, Marta.

Here's why I haven't contributed yet:

I'm slammed, want to contribute, but don't know how to format my
contribution... so I'm procrastinating on writing something up as a
result of not really knowing what would be best for the report.

I intend to set aside time in the next two weeks to do /something/, but
without a template to contribute something to the report, I keep pushing
contributing off because it'll require me to read through the report,
derive a template for contributing, and then send it in.

The other issue is that many of us may not be used to contributing via
Github. Here's what I propose to focus the contributions and make them
easier on the group:

1. Send a "technical summary template" to the mailing list.
2. Get people to "Reply" to the template email and fill it out for the
   group that they participated in. Duplicates are fine, just send in a
   summary if you have one. The W3C staff will make a judgement call
   and pick the best one or merge them.

Thoughts?

-- manu

Founder/CEO - Digital Bazaar, Inc.
blog: The Web Browser API Incubation Anti-Pattern
http://manu.sporny.org/2016/browser-api-incubation-antipattern/