Re: News wrt. discoverability and accessibility of marked-up resources?

Hi Franck

Great to hear that you are still active. It would be great if we can finalise the changes that you were suggesting for capturing Taxon Names.

The most comprehensive overview slidedeck is the below linked one which I gave as an NFDI webinar in April.
https://docs.google.com/presentation/d/1TqvYpZVBvq_nhUkfzrzar6n87lDkryS-KYBf5bBH7bI/edit?usp=sharing

In fact, there is a video of the talk available at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PnwlKWBTqNg

One of the key advancements is that we have been trialling with OpenAIRE the harvesting of Bioschemas Protein markup to get it included in their knowledge graph.

There are a number of crucial projects taking place at the BioHackathon this year 7-11 November. I’d highlight the one that is investigating the use of data dumps as a way of enabling data consumers to gather markup more efficiently.
https://github.com/elixir-europe/biohackathon-projects-2022/tree/main/23

Then there is one on metadata schemas to support linked open science
https://github.com/elixir-europe/biohackathon-projects-2022/tree/main/17

There is also a project on refreshing our specifications using our new editing tool, the Data Discovery Engine
https://github.com/elixir-europe/biohackathon-projects-2022/tree/main/5

Hope this all helps

Alasdair

--
Alasdair J G Gray
Associate Professor in Computer Science,

Email: A.J.G.Gray@hw.ac.uk<mailto:A.J.G.Gray@hw.ac.uk>
Web: http://www.macs.hw.ac.uk/~ajg33
ORCID: http://orcid.org/0000-0002-5711-4872
Office: Earl Mountbatten Building 1.39
Twitter: @gray_alasdair

To arrange a meeting: https://outlook.office365.com/owa/calendar/AlasdairGray@heriotwatt.onmicrosoft.com/bookings/

Heriot-Watt is a global University, as a result my working hours may not be your working hours. Do not feel pressure to reply to this email outside your working hours.