Re: Revising the Bioschemas Profile Development Process

Hi Alasdair,

I haven't clear if it will also be possible to propose new profiles or
changes to existing profiles by sending in source code, in formats like
JSON-Schema or SHACL, using tools like github pull requests. I think the
same approach would also be important to work on new types or changes to
them.

While I understand that certain users prefer graphical UIs, there are
other kind of users (ie, geeks), who are more comfortable with code and
plain text files. Moreover, such machine-readable specifications are
useful for a number of other applications (eg, validating local
datasets, building local UIs, developing new profiles/types while
modelling new data sets).

Of course, I'm not thinking of this as an alternative to tools like the
DDE (I might end up using that too), but of having both options, with
the ability to export JSON-Schema or alike from a tool like the DDE.

Marco.

Marco Brandizi <marco.brandizi@gmail.com>
http://www.marcobrandizi.info