Re: How to relate an entity to a dataset?

Hi Franck,
On 2/14/19 9:53 PM, Franck Michel wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> In the biodiversity group we have defined a Taxon type. Taxa are usually
> part of taxonomic registries. So I'm wondering how to mark up a web page
> describing or referring to a given taxon while denoting that this taxon
> is part of a taxonomic registry.
>
> Looking further in Bioschemas types, I see several ways of doing this,
> and I guess this question applies equally to other types.
If you think of a Taxon as a subclass of schema:CreativeWork
then you can use schema:hasPart/schema:partof.
Or preferably a richer subpropertyof, which means making a
TaxonomicRegistry type in practice.

> We can think of a taxonomic registry as a schema.org/Dataset. In this
> context, each taxon would be a DataRecord, but how do we relate a
> DataRecord to its Dataset?
>
> We can also think of a taxonomic registry as a DataCatalog wherein taxa
> would be Datasets (property includedInDataCatalog).
>
> Could the datasets group on shed light on this? Also what about how the
> other groups have coped with this?
I would not try too fit it into the Dataset/Catalog box as they aren't
the way that the search engines expect them to be.

Regards,
Jerven