Re: New property added to BioChemEntity

Hello,

There was a discussion last week about this new property, not many
replies, no one objecting so I added it (and by doing that was hopping
to get some more attention and more feedback). I guess at some point the
reviewing committee will accept or reject, maybe based on what the
community has said, still not sure about the process.

Why on top of AdditionalType? There are multiple ontologies describing
what a protein/chemical/gene/etc. is. Usually groups will prefer to
point to their own ontology.  Yes, we could have a list of all ontology
terms allowed for, let's say, protein. That list will have to grow
whenever a new ontology term gets in use. The one using it will have to
inform some how, the profile responsible will have to double check and
then add it, the validators and tools will need to know that that
additionalType also refers to proteins. So having a simple label seems
easier, I do not expect that many new profiles as ontology terms
describing the same thing in slightly different ways. In a way, that
label is the name of the profile if it were a proper type.

Mandatory or not, one or many, it all belongs to Bioschemas, so I would
say that any BioChemEntity that does not have a profile, still should
follow the minimums defined by Bioschemas. In that sense, if no specific
profile available, "BioChemEntity" would be the profile to follow.

Any thoughts?

Regards,