Re: Vote on usage of non-schema.org terms

Alasdair, all,

The ask was for a vote or counter proposal/amendment; I provided the
latter.

You mention that the Protein working group has agreed that they require
addition of an additional property. I don't think it is fair to ask all
working groups to agree on a solution without giving them a chance to
raise alternatives. If this vote is *only* for the Protein working group
property then this group only should vote; but I thought we were here
making a critical design decision for all of Bioschemas.

You have previously stated that you believed we should fix terms to a
particular ontology URI, I am here stating that I am not fundamentally
disagreeing but that I would like this to be limited to profile types.
Specifically in this case my vote would be no about fixing the property
which connects to the gene (and others have raised issues with this
property).

I therefore propose that either this vote is amended to make it clear
that we are voting on *only* the connection to gene for the Protein
working profile or an additional option be added to the vote in which we
consider the option of fixing the URIs but *only* for the profile types.
I would also add that choosing the latter allows us to move forward as a
group right now, and doesn't precludes us from revisiting this issue
once we have started deploying markups and have more practical
experience with what works well and what doesn't. It may very well be
that we then realize we should constrain further, but IMO this decision
would be premature at this stage.

Cheers,
Melanie