Re: Fwd: Re: Enumerations and inference rules

Hi,

IMHO: This depends largely on how inference is determined. In the case
of ProteinEntity the 'thing' can be determined by a protein similarity
search, such that 'thing' is related to other 'things' (e.g.
ProteinEntities), because their sequences share a certain level of
similarity or homology. This applies to 'things' within datasets such as
sequence databases (e.g. UniProtKB, PDBe sequences, etc.). I also think
that in this case, this is extends to Product as per products in a dataset.

On the other hand, the 'Service' perspective can also be useful, in that
knowledge of the methods (the services) required/used to determine
similarity is taken into consideration. This applies to different
methods of determining sequence similarity and would apply and extend to
'services' such as blast, fasta, HHMER, etc.

My two cents.

Kind regards,

R:)