From: Philippe
Sent: 11 June 2017 23:08
To: Leyla Garcia; Gray, Alasdair J G; Carlos Horro (EI)
Cc: Philippe; Rafael C. Jimenez; public-bioschemas@w3.org
Subject: Re: Biological Entity information in Bioschemas

Hello Leyla, all

Thank you for circulating the information and documents.

I am fine with declaring distinct property type for refering to various types of sites.

    i. collectionlocation -> Place,geographicalPlace,
    ii.   biolocation

What I am now missing is why use only min value/max value  as filler for 'biolocation'.
I was wondering if we should extend and create a new type: 'Site', which could be inspired by http://schema.org/Place but could have properties such as 'startAt' and 'endsAt' where the filler would be 'biocoordinate' against a reference genome or other bioreference point.

We may also want to revisit what Scientific Entity and if Biological Entity can be further categorized into  MaterialEntities or Processes.

Best wishes

Philippe