RE: is anybody using 2.10.4?

Anton – take a look at http://rapture.io/  and for example how the JSON module was done for dynamic mapping (but still typesafe). I saw this presented at a talk at the Paris Scala Conf.

From: Anton Kulaga [mailto:antonkulaga@gmail.com]
Sent: 02 February 2015 21:23
To: Alexandre Bertails
Cc: public-banana-rdf@w3.org
Subject: Re: is anybody using 2.10.4?

Yes, I can separate it into another library, although I have to choose a good name for it. Originally I wanted to put it to experimental subproject in banana because it is experimental but then I noticed your comment there that experimental is a virtual project.

>Also, there is some clash with what's available in diesel,

I do not see any clashes here, DIESEL is DSL to create RDF graphs in a convenient way (at least after you will fix some annoying bugs). Current annotation code is for "ORM-like usage". People in RelationalDB world often connect tables to classes, it is natural to have similar practice with semantic web: when you can move classes to RDF and vise-verses by connecting annotations with class field. I thought that having such features (of course not only annotations, but also some extra stuff) may attract people from "Hibernate/Activate/Slick world".

>Have you considered the shapeless path instead?

What do you mean by shapeless path? I do not use shapeless directly in my projects but I use libs like parboiled that make nice DSL on top of HLIST And BTW shapeless uses some macroses inside. Macroses are not easy to deal with (due to lack of good tutorials and docs and their too low-level nature) but for some tasks like compile-time field extraction I find them rather useful. They can also be used for more complex things like DSL-glue together with implicits (new version Scala Rx uses them to extract reactive variables) but I am not skilled enough with macroses to modify trees yet. I think macroses and implicit/typeclasses stuff should complement each other.