Re: bigdata bananardf implementation

> On 9 Dec 2014, at 19:58, Anton Kulaga <antonkulaga@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all!
>
> I have started to create bananardf implementaion for bigdata ( bigdata.com <http://bigdata.com/> ), is anybody else interested in collaborating?

Great idea. I have too much to do to be able to help on that front myself, but I know people would
be very interested in that.

> I already face many challenges there, as many things are different then in sesame. Although bigdata supports sesame it provides also native classes with some extra features.
>
> There are several problems.
>
> 1) Many methods in bigdata (all factories and most of query functions) require baseURI or namespace. I have no clue how I can write bigdata modules that will have configurable baseURI as most of implicit resolutions in banana are done from the typeclass that is passed as generic type parameter.

Is that because they are passing Named Graphs around, not graphs?

> 2) Bigdata has embeded and remote modes. Bigdata in remote mode returns different connection and Result classes than bigdata in embeded mode. Does it mean that I have to create two typeclasses: one for bigdataremote and one for bigdata embedded?

This sounds somewhat similar rww-play [1] where I use message passing of Command objects & akka,
following the pattern that used to exist in banana-rdf for the stores until recently.
All Command objects have a pointer to their local or remote graph.  A router sends
a message to the local store if the database is local
or to a remote database if the database is remote. One could imagine hiding the particularities of
Bigdata in such a way.

Henry

[1] https://github.com/read-write-web/rww-play

> --