Re: Semantic web architectural requirement [was Re: Squaring the HTTP-range-14 circle]

I have to call you on this one, Alan ...

On Jun 22, 2011, at 12:32 AM, Alan Ruttenberg wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 21, 2011 at 9:06 PM, David Booth <david@dbooth.org> wrote:
>>
>> I am not advocating that anything be considered truth.  Truth is
>> irrelevant here.  This is about system design -- not philosophy.
>
> We differ, probably irreparably, here. I am a system builder and have
> been one for a long time. Certainly in my case truth matters.

And so do you really mean to claim that the rigid distinction between continuants and occurrents, built into OBO, is **true** ?

Some day you must explain to me, over a beer, which part of current physics accounts for how there can be two different ways to be embedded in time.

Pat