Re: Proposal, a new class of Web Names

Some additional notes I forgot (well hadn't written up properly, and
still haven't!):

qnames/curies would then be an alias for a namespace, and the ':' would
not be part of the alias (/prefix), such that

   WebName
     ( http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema , label )
   Lexical
     <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#label>

   Alias
      rdfs -> http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#

   ShortForm
      ( rdfs , label )
   Lexical
      rdfs:label

As for properties like those in FOAF and dcterms, you wouldn't be able
to shorten them (using existing URIs), you could still use the
properties though because:

   WebName
     ( http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/name , '' )
   Lexical Forms
     <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/name>
     <http://xmlns.com/foaf/0.1/name#>

When applied to RDF, then in built would be the meaning:

    label, as described by http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema

for the WebName

   ( http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema , label )
    <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#label>

although "defined by" or "named by" or "according to" may be more
accurate..?

This might(?) add in some inbuilt provenance, and also would make
owl:sameAs and related quite interesting (and perhaps more in-line with
usage)

Lots of other "effects", it would force consistency of naming in things
like rdfa, because <div id="foo" about="#foo"> would both create the
same webname and thus need to be consistent for follow your nose.

It would also then mean that things like <link rel="stylesheet"
href="css.css" /> would create the triple:

   [] xhv:stylesheet css.css .

likewise xhv:license unless a subject was specifically set etc..

Too much to cover, and I may have gone down yet another non-sense path -
so will wait for feedback.

Best,

Nathan